Fruits, Roots, and Flowers

Hi All!

Doing a check-in with you all.  Hope your garden is going well.  Things here are busy and of late have been pretty wet.  But overall the garden is going as it should.  

The Meh

Excess dampness is causing some blossom end rot on my squash.  I'm definitely going to fertilize with something high calcium this week which should clear any nutritional deficiencies.  My beds are not raised but my mom uses only pots and she is having the same issue so I don't feel too bad.  

Aphids have also gotten all over one of my black eyed peas.  When it decides to take a break from the rain I'm going to put some neem oil on it.  I will treat all the plants in the row and go over my remaining kale, bok choy, and broccoli plants with any extra.

Despite all that I have a lot of good things going on, too!

Nasturtiums in Bloom 

These are by far a favorite, coming in so many different colors.  I planted them with my squash, broccoli, and collards to keep pests away.  The blooms are also edible!

Purple Pops!

These 'butes are something else.  These are the blossoms on my burgundy beans.  I cannot wait to see how they look.  It really makes me want to plant an all purple garden next year just so I can have more of those pretties!

Lemon Boy in Bloom

I wonder what this little cluster of flowers will look like as a cluster of fruit!

Brandywine Blooms



Brandywine tomatoes fascinate me.  This the first year I've grown them and not only are their leaves very different from the "standard" tomato but their blooms are, too.  Much more petaled and reminiscent of a sunflower.

Squash and Icicle Radishes

This is a neat combination, too, and so far, aside from the blossom end rot, it's been working great :)

First Banana Pepper

Somebody's got to be first :)

Little Cuke

I have a ton of these around the garden.  Probably need to pick this one and eat it up!!

Patty Pan in Training

I was so excited to see that some of these blossoms have transformed themselves into the beginnings of squash.  It is awesome!

Rootin' Tootin'



Then of course, there are these guys who I dug out of the garden yesterday :)

So, what is in bloom in your world?

Take care,

Rebecca

Comments

Popular Posts